Palm oil mill
Palm oil has become a major, global agricultural commodity, used for food and non-food applications and most recently touted as a promising feedstock for biofuel production.
In coping with the burgeoning water challenges and rising demand, the Palm Oil Mills are relying on technology for a better resources management and water conservation.
Palm oil mill effluent (POME) is generated mainly from oil extraction, washing and cleaning processes in the mill. POME cannot be discharged prior to specific treatment due to its acidic nature and very high biochemical oxygen demand (BOD).
To meet Palm Oil Mills' environmental & economic challenges, Veolia provides complete wastewater treatment solutions based on anaerobic technology:
a>Technical solutions that meet CDM requirements
b> Economic efficiency
c> In compliance with international environmental standards
d> Environmental friendly: zero waste disposal, no air pollution
e> Renewable energy production
Palm oil plantation
Palm oil mill effluent treatment technologies
1. Land application is one of the disposals resulting in logging and clogging of soil and killing vegetation in contact. This problem can be overcame by the controlled application of small quantities at one time.
2. Releasing palm oil mill effluent in river is the cheapest way to discharge it. But environment problems come along, water depletion and aquatic pollution.
3. Physical treatment of palm oil mill effluent includes stages such as screening, sedimentation and oil removal prior to the secondary treatment in biological treatment system. Acidification and flocculation are developed pretreatment process.
4. Biological treatment: Chemical used in flocculation such as alum, aluminium chlorohydrate, aluminium sulfate, chitosan etc to help centrifugation and coagulation.
5. Ponding systems are easy operating systems but they have some disadvantages such as occupying a vast amount of land mass, relatively long hydraulic retention time of 50-60d for the effective performance, bad odor and difficulty in maintaining the liquor distribution and biogas collection which results harmful effect on the environment.
If you wanna to get more details about How to deal with palm oil mill effluent? you can send E-mail to email@example.com. You can consult our professional engineer and specialized sales team with leave a message in below form.We will contact with you ASAP.You also can visit our factory in Henan,China.Get Detailed address.